Hi everybody!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
macavity
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hi everybody!

Post by macavity »

Logging on for the first time on the forum, so hello! Everybody who came to the Kingston talk last night knows me as Vicky, and it was lovely to meet you all.

Okay, so a bit about me - I live in Hampton with my husband in a tiny flat full of animals and plants, I have an interest in (but only a moderate knowledge of) absolutely everything including botany, zoology, geology, astronomy, archaeology, paleontology, criminology, entomology, etymology, literature, engineering, physics, arts and crafts, photography, cookery... the list goes on. I love travelling but haven't had the opportunity to do so due to a lack of millions of pounds, but one day I hope to spend time in South America, Madagascar, Africa, the Caribbean and Polynesia. My husband is from South Africa and I fell in love with the country when we visited on honeymoon, so of course I would love to go back there and visit other areas.

There's probably a lot more I could write but I'm sure I can hear snoring, so I'll leave it there for now. :grin:
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by Diane »

Hello, Vicky! :welc: to the forum! It was very nice to meet you last night - I hope you enjoyed the meeting (in spite of its rather late start!), and will join us for many more.

My goodness, you have a lot of interests! The sign of an enquiring mind!

Enjoy the forum, and we hope to see posts from you, hopefully with a few pics of your plants!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Carl
BCSS Member
Branch: ISLE OF WIGHT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Carl »

Carl Bullock (Isle of Wight Branch Treasurer, Webmaster)
[IW Branch Website|Branch Facebook Page|My Personal Facebook Page]
BCSS 50189
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Welcome to the Forum, Vicky, and to Kingston branch - a nice friendly group of people that I have visited to give talks several times - enjoy yourself!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)