Hi Everyone!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
sulzer47
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DOVER

Hi Everyone!

Post by sulzer47 »

Just a quick intro (I'm a man of few words!) but i'd just like to intorduce myself to this great cacti / succulent forum resource. I'm Matt (32) from Mickleover, near Derby in England and have just "Re-found" my interest with these spikey little treats. I've had cacti since i was about 7 when I went on a school vist to Abbey Brook in Matlock, although I've not really not delved too much into the names nor technicalities untill now, sort of seen one i fancy and bought it! Still, a recent trip back to Abbey Brook with MY year old resparked the flame (Cheers to Brian!) .. and now we have started to grow a few from seed (Echinocactus Grunsii) to start with to see how we go, after all it's a good interest to divert from a stressful job and learn some new ground! :grin:
redsquirrel
Registered Guest
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by redsquirrel »

hi Sulzer,we are new to this too (tu)
finding it all very interesting and looking forward to learning a lot to maybe help in the future.
Morgans Beauty
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Morgans Beauty »

you are very welcome sulzer :wink:
regards michael
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

A very warm welcome - are you into diesel engines too!?
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
sulzer47
BCSS Member

Post by sulzer47 »

Ha ha thanks for the welcome! Hmmm....suppose there is a bit of a hint in the "sulzer" and "47" bit of my username lol! Actually quite fond of Lister's but thats another story! :lol:
sue46
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by sue46 »

Hello sulzer, welcome back to a prickly world :lol: I have just returned (last year) after a long absence - blame the co-op for stocking a few!
sulzer47
BCSS Member

Post by sulzer47 »

the Co-Op Sue? amazing where they apear! :-)
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

NIce to meet you Matt. One of the most efficient blood pressure reducers is to get home from work and wander straight into the greenhouse with a glass of something nice (Scotch in my case). 15 minutes later all is well in the world (until, that is, you go into the house and the missus lets rip).

And by the way, steam rules! Sulzer47 indeed......!
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Hi Matt, :welc: to the forum!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
sulzer47
BCSS Member

Post by sulzer47 »

Thanks for the welcome folks, Ha ha Indeed Pete Scotch (yum) does help! Although my user name could be worse like "shed66" or something! :wink: oh i like steam too, and also the sort that comes out of a kettle!
I want to collect a good random selection of speices that fall my way or I come across on my travels, David (my lad) has a similar goal! Trouble is don't think the Mrs is too keen at giving up the green house cos it will be full of...in her words "usefull things you can eat!".. Tomatoes etc....anyone got a good arguement for getting round this?? Or will it be easier to just buy my own!