No more Tesco Cat Litter???

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: No more Tesco Cat Litter???

Post by Bill »

And it looks like this:
[attachment 21034 IMG_6968-Edit.jpg]
Attachments
IMG_6968-Edit.jpg
IMG_6968-Edit.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Phil White »

Yes Bill same as mine........they do grow well in it soon need moving on from trays to pots !!!
[attachment 21035 DSC06090-1100.jpg]
Attachments
DSC06090-1100.jpg
DSC06090-1100.jpg (83.33 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
Phil White
Wiltshire, England
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

That's a good price, Phil. Stock up.
Cheshire, UK
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

This has been a fascinating thread. Speaking as one who has not used Tesco Premium Lightweight cat litter (I hope I got it right), I find the different shades of descriptions and meanings quite confusing. However, what worries me most, is that anyone reading this will think 'What a weird bunch of geeks!' I know this is not fair to a fine, upstanding group of people but it does need bearing in mind.
Of course, it is an annoying source of irrtation, to everyone, that big business, makes changes just to confuse and ultimately make more money. Maybe all they will do is lose a few customers, do they know why so many people buy the stuff?
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
puffermac
Registered Guest
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by puffermac »

Hi all. Popped in Clacton tescos and they had one bag left, reduced from £3 to £1.50, the customer service desk scanned it and said they had no more on order. I also, like Iann, saw the Lightweight dust free bags and am pretty sure its the same stuff been repackaged and is now in 10 litre bags.
Andy Mac
Clacton Branch
Lithops fanatic
anders
Registered Guest

Post by anders »

David Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Co-op sells a non-clumping cat litter which is
> the right stuff, I believe - calcined Danish moler
> clay.

Could be the same stuff as they sell here, in stores belonging to the Swedish co-operative union (and Thord kindly told me about). Works well for me too.

Liz M Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, what worries me most, is
> that anyone reading this will think 'What a weird
> bunch of geeks!'

Haha, doesn't bother me at all. It just shows that those readers don't understand much about cat litter. :)
Bill

Post by Bill »

None in my local Tescos, got some half price sea bream which I filleted and we had for tea though.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
sechjoh
Registered Guest

Post by sechjoh »

anders Wrote:
>
> Could be the same stuff as they sell here, in
> stores belonging to the Swedish co-operative union
> (and Thord kindly told me about). Works well for
> me too.
>

Is that in Coop then? And they only got one to choose from?
I have to try it out :)
/Christer DPP4, Capture One 10, CombineZM
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

My tesco on line said they had it available but when I went to the store there was none............
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

They seem to be confusing the two types of Premium Cat Litter Patrick. That was the same problem I had when I visited the store they told me had it. They also seem to brand different products "Lightweight" too.

Also when you look at these product finder sites on the Internet they still seem to show it available, but if you proceed to order it they then check to see if Tesco have it in stock, and usually they do not. I presume Tesco buys in what products they can get for the purpose required at the best price available, so will regularly switch suppliers and materials to do this.

I suppose they really don't need to distinguish between them since they are intended for cats backsides, so suit that purpose and were never intended for growing plants in, therefore that is not their concern in labelling.

If I hear back from Tesco after giving them the bar code number I will put their e-mail here.

DaveW
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.