Monkey Time!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactuscat2
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Re: Monkey Time!

Post by Cactuscat2 »

That is a lovely sight! I will attempt to repot mine and will post result.
wildedges
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by wildedges »

My method for repotting long plants is to use a sheet of thick cardboard, cut a hole in the middle that's a bit bigger than the new pot, lower the old pot into the hole while spreading the arms out on the card. You can prop the card up if needs be but a second pair of hands is really helpful. Once the old pot is removed you can just lift the whole lot onto the new pot. It works for the delicate sedums like S. burrito anyway.
Darren S
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Darren S »

My youngster decided to pop its first flower this week. It has a lot of catching up to do, looking at Mike's plant!

I followed the advice on the here last year (2022) and hung it up outside for the summer. Tried the same this year but after two weeks of cold relentless rain in July I feared it might rot so it has been back under cover since early August.
Attachments
IMG_20230922_115558_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Cactuscat2
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Cactuscat2 »

Beautiful flower! I like the cardboard repotting idea. Will try when I have help!