Notocactus Submammulosus Ledneri

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Notocactus Submammulosus Ledneri

Post by Peter »

This is a very attractive red-flowered variety. Two of my large plants are in flower at present. THis is the first...
[attachment 10455 noto002Small.jpg]
Attachments
noto 002 (Small).jpg
noto 002 (Small).jpg (79.92 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
Peter
BCSS Member

Re: Notocactus Submammulosus Ledneri

Post by Peter »

This is the other....

It may be of interest to note that this Noto is generally available from Ralph Norcott at Westfield Cacti in Surrey.

[attachment 10456 noto005Small.jpg]
Attachments
4Rt3RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAVAA4BAgAPAAAACgEAAA8BAgAUAAAAGgEAABABAgAOAAAALgEAABIBAwABAAAAAQCGhRoBBQABAAAAPAEAABsBBQABAAAARAEAACgBAwABAAAAAgCBgzEBAgAHAAAATAEAADIBAgAUAAAAVAEAABMCAwABAAAAAgCLimmHBAABAAAAcAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAACFhgKkAwABAAA
4Rt3RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAVAA4BAgAPAAAACgEAAA8BAgAUAAAAGgEAABABAgAOAAAALgEAABIBAwABAAAAAQCGhRoBBQABAAAAPAEAABsBBQABAAAARAEAACgBAwABAAAAAgCBgzEBAgAHAAAATAEAADIBAgAUAAAAVAEAABMCAwABAAAAAgCLimmHBAABAAAAcAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAACFhgKkAwABAAA (80.03 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Great flower colour on the ledneri.
Cheshire, UK
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Amazing the flowers look enormous. How old are they?
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

Don't really know, Patrick. I bought them from Ralph about three years ago. The larger plant is quite huge - could scarcely believe it when I opened the parcel! Ralph's plants are usually excellent value.
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

That's interesting, Hofacker told me some years ago a population of red flowered N. submammulosus had been found, but I also gather some red flowered Notocacti have been manufactured in cultivation too. Do you know which type yours is? They are big plants also, how old are they?

Of course any plant having some trace of red in the flower can occasionally throw up red flowered forms or sports. The good old Notocactus ottonis v. venclusianus for instance:-

[attachment 10465 venclusianus.jpg]

DaveW
Attachments
8A
8A (98.86 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Really beautiful displays Peter!!
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Christophe

Post by Christophe »

DaveW wrote: Tue May 13, 2008 9:20 pm That's interesting, Hofacker told me some years ago a population of red flowered N. submammulosus had been found, but I also gather some red flowered Notocacti have been manufactured in cultivation too. Do you know which type yours is? They are big plants also, how old are they?

Of course any plant having some trace of red in the flower can occasionally throw up red flowered forms or sports. The good old Notocactus ottonis v. venclusianus for instance:-

[attachment 10465 venclusianus.jpg]

DaveW