Last night  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: ??

Post by Bill »

Only made about -1 last night. The unheated and uninsulated greenhouse didn't go below 2 degrees, so the plants in there are still with me, despite my best efforts, perhaps I'll have to try them outside (:D

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Last night  Solved

Post by Julie »

(:D Ooo-er missus! :D

I have been thinking about getting a max-min thermometer for the forbies, and interesting to see how hot it gets behind the curtain in summer. Just for the sake of curiousity!

I have got up in the night to squint halfwittedly at the plain old room thermometer, it showed 8-9 at about 4am a few months back; that's the lowest recorded temp.

As you can imagine, the ones on Ebay are more expensive than the one in our local garden centre. 8-)

Does anyone have any advice about which types are best, longest lived, most accurate / reliable etc?
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.