Chinosol - where from?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Chinosol - where from?

Post by iann »

Trading standards, Julii. No wait, "julii" is a Lithops, you're Julie, sorry 8-)
Cheshire, UK
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Hehe, it's not such a bad thing to be confused with a Lithops. There are not many nicer plants IMHO. :)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Neil
Registered Guest

Post by Neil »

Ive been had then

I'm only a beginner so i will use that as an excuse

neil
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Post by Phil White »

David_L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have only lost a couple of seedlings to fungus
> since using it and these had fungus spores in the
> seed coat I'm sure.

Hi David,
This is why (time permitting) I treat all my seed rather than the compost/water very few people seem to take this direction but I hardly get any problems with fungus/moss when I do this. So as I have mentioned before Strombocactus, aztekium, blossfeldia are no problem & can be left for months even years without any build up.
Phil White
Wiltshire, England
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

I'd like to treat my seeds Phil but I don't know how to go about it. I'm sure they are the weakest link, so any advice would be welcome.

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.

Post by Guest »

I still think quality of seed is a big factor. I have sown 3 lots of Edithcolea grandis from 3 sources. All were sprayed with Cheshunt compound before bagging. 2 lots have come up completely, the other nothing at all.

Mike.
tony_lb
Registered Guest

Post by tony_lb »

As I reported, I ordered some Chinosol from Cactus Plaza on Monday (40 tablets for about 10 euro). They arrived today, so not bad for delivery time. 40 100mg tablets, one per pint - only problem iare the dutch instructions.

Tony

Post by Guest »

For those of us who use Cheshunt Compound this has been one of my best years for germination. I think that the recent weather conditions have helped. My propagator is rather fixed in its temp range so it has been around mid 60's in the day and up to mid 90's on a couple of daytimes with the sunny conditions.

I still think quality of seed is the major factor.

Mike.