Aloe safari sunrise

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ernie
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Aloe safari sunrise

Post by Ernie »

Bought this from Dobbies back in 2020. The label indicated it is a summer grower, yes it probably is in South Africa however here in the UK it grows and flowers for me in winter time. The original plant (shown) sent out loads of offsets which I removed, the biggest I potted up and is growing well as a solitary head. The plant you see is in a William Morris design ceramic pot and as you can see the plant is very healthy. A very gritty ji 2 compost.
P1030101.JPG
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Aloe safari sunrise

Post by el48tel »

Nice looker Ernie
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE

Post by Ernie »

Thanks. I think the plant benefited from me removing all the offsets and there was loads. I potted some up and gave them away at branch meeting. The remainder got binned, no room. The one you see and the other don't have any offsets, any that appears will be removed.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

I'm not an Aloe collector although I do have a couple which live with my Haworthias. I find them attractive but it's the flowers which really blow my mind. And yes ... the offsets .... which can go on for ever. You prep a couple of pots for the ones you can see but another dozen lurk below them. Pity to bin them but you soon run out of friends to whom you can give them.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.