Coastal succulents UK

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ernie
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Coastal succulents UK

Post by Ernie »

. Has anyone had plants from an on line seller, Coastal Succulents based in south of UK. Its a new one to me offering some nice plants.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Coastal succulents UK

Post by Diane »

Yes, Ernie, I purchased some Aeoniums and an Echeveria from them a couple of months ago. Excellent plants, well packed, and can highly recommend.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE

Post by Ernie »

Thanks Diane. I did not want to hit the pay button until I made sure all is as it should be. They have some very nice plants on offer and discounted until the end of the month.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

They were at both the Portishead and Lullingstone events this year, I believe.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Nice clean plants but quite a high mark-up based on wholesale prices.

Stuart
tonyironscacti
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Post by tonyironscacti »

Yes, Chris Rixton lives near me in Rooksbridge, Somerset and is a good friend selling some very nice choice large plants.

He is a member of the Bristol branch amongst other newer nurseries/traders such as Ogie Placido, Mint Plants, Alan Weadon & myself driving the branch and our successful South West Fairs each year.

You can visit Chris or wait until next April when he will be running a stand at the South West Succulent Plant Spring Fair on April 6th 2024 in Portishead.

Happy buying,

Tony
WayneM
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by WayneM »

Chris is a top fella, who is passionate about his plants.

Very trustworthy, and friendly in person.

Wayne
PhilipPV
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON

Post by PhilipPV »

Coincidentally I have just ordered from Coastal Succulents, tempted by a half price offer on their smaller mangaves which I had been thinking of buying next year. Managed to restrict myself to four plants, and all are decent sized and healthy looking and had been safely packaged (minor damage to a couple of leaves of one mangave, but that is easily done and could have happened when I unwrapped it).

Clockwise from the front: Sinocrassula yunnanensis, Agave 'Frosted Elegance', Agave 'Silver Fox' and Agave 'Night Owl'. All were potted in slightly chaotic conditions as they were delivered on Saturday and my usual potting table is outside so I was dodging in and out of the shed and greenhouse as the rain got heavier. The photo was taken yesterday (Sunday) evening in a rare spell of sunshine. The sinocrassula is in a 13cm half pot, to give some sense of scale. 'Silver Fox' had a particularly substantial rootball so needed quite a big pot - I am planning on moving that and 'Night Owl' into more ornamental pots next year.
Attachments
Coastal order 01.jpg
Philip P-V

Poole, Dorset

Growing South American cacti, Echinocereus, succulent bromeliads, smaller Aloeae, hardy Crassulaceae and whatever else catches my eye.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Very nice,
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Very nice,
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.