2023 NORTH WEST CACTUS MART --- 20th May --- Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Chris L
BCSS Branch Websites Co-ordinator
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Websites Co-ordinator

2023 NORTH WEST CACTUS MART --- 20th May --- Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester

Post by Chris L »

The 2023 North West Cactus Mart will be held at the usual Manchester Venue on the 20th May - 2 weeks later than normal due to the Coronation.

See www.manchester.bcss.org.uk for more information.
2023_Manchester_Cactus_Mart_Advert-qrcode.jpg
Joined 1991
Lamb's Reference Plate Index http://www.cactus-corner.co.uk/referenc ... -guide.htm
FREE on Kindle Unlimited:
Anglesey Circular Walk https://amzn.to/34i18qF
Lytham-Arnside Walk https://amzn.to/3fpQPGf
My Redbubble Shop https://www.redbubble.com/people/cactuschris/shop
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: 2023 NORTH WEST CACTUS MART --- 20th May --- Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester

Post by MatDz »

Now I moved north I thought I'll be closer to the "north west cactus mart"... Keep dreaming Mat :mrgreen:

Shouldn't this be called "a third way north cactus mart" instead? Unless it's the Londoners' "north of Camden" definition of north.

And a wee bit of (hopefully more) constructive criticism, the poster could be a little bit cleaner, perhaps there is a society provided design? If not, it's worth thinking about one.

Screenshot_20230517_080403_Maps.jpg
Mat
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: 2023 NORTH WEST CACTUS MART --- 20th May --- Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester

Post by el48tel »

MatDz wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am Now I moved north I thought I'll be closer to the "north west cactus mart"... Keep dreaming Mat :mrgreen:

Shouldn't this be called "a third way north cactus mart" instead? Unless it's the Londoners' "north of Camden" definition of north.

And a wee bit of (hopefully more) constructive criticism, the poster could be a little bit cleaner, perhaps there is a society provided design? If not, it's worth thinking about one.

NW = Northwest ENGLAND not UK from days when pre Jacobean times that was the case
Pedantic Geography, History and Politics finished
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

el48tel wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:10 am NW = Northwest ENGLAND not UK from days when pre Jacobean times that was the case
Time to move the BCSS to the 21st century and "recent" geopolitical changes then!

(It's all a joke really, just getting some traffic to the thread as it's happening this weekend.)
Mat
Keith L
BCSS Member
Branch: LEICESTER

Post by Keith L »

Some north of the border might not appreciate being regarded as NW of anywhere else Mat!

Keith
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

MatDz wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:26 am
el48tel wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:10 am NW = Northwest ENGLAND not UK from days when pre Jacobean times that was the case
Time to move the BCSS to the 21st century and "recent" geopolitical changes then!

(It's all a joke really, just getting some traffic to the thread as it's happening this weekend.)
Your bump sentiment appreciated ... there will be a record number of sales tables. Was with the organiser this past weekend.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Darren S
BCSS Member

Post by Darren S »

I had really hoped to go, then travel on to the TSG meeting next day, but am reliant on public transport and have decided not to battle with the currently unreliable trains. Not that I have much space for more plants anyway :)
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Paul D »

MatDz wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am Now I moved north I thought I'll be closer to the "north west cactus mart"... Keep dreaming Mat :mrgreen:

Thanks Mat, I've been on about this for a few decades :lol: Where is Shetland, though? You can't miss out the top of the country!
:wink: :lol:
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Paul D wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:26 am Thanks Mat, I've been on about this for a few decades :lol: Where is Shetland, though? You can't miss out the top of the country!
:wink: :lol:
Shetlands deserve their own overseas society! :mrgreen:

I will send you an email, hope you don't mind.
Mat
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

" overseas " ............

Don't the Shetlanders see themselves in that mode anyway?