Hello from Cactimania

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Cactimania
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORWICH
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Cactimania

Post by Cactimania »

Hi all, I'm Daz. I joined the BCSS last year but thought it was also time to join the forum, although I have been a lurker on here for some time. Been around cacti and succulents for most of my life as my dad had a fairly sizeable collection many years ago, but only got into them myself around 5 or 6 years ago. I'm into many different types of cacti and succulents, but some of my favourites have to be Astrophytum, Gymnocalycium, Copiapoa, Neoporteria/Eriosyce etc, and of course Euphorbia and Haworthia. I also enjoy growing them from seed and creating hybrids. I also have a YouTube channel (Cactimania) that I run with my partner, Edith. I look forward to contributing to the forum and learning more about these awesome plants.

Cheers, Daz.
My YouTube: Cactimania
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Hello from Cactimania

Post by el48tel »

Hi Cactimania
Welcome to the forum
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Hello. Is your dad a BCSS member too?
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Cactimania
BCSS Member

Post by Cactimania »

el48tel wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:14 pm Hi Cactimania
Welcome to the forum
Thank you (tu)
Cactimania
BCSS Member

Post by Cactimania »

edds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:25 pm Hello. Is your dad a BCSS member too?
My dad passed away some time ago, but I’m sure if he was still here he would likely be a member. But he started collecting way back in the 1990’s. Unfortunately I only have one plant of his in my collection, we lost the rest through a combination of things, his health, the greenhouse being storm damaged and combined with some harsh winters.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Sorry to hear that but at least he has sparked that passion in you. I always give my grandfather the credit for my love of gardening and will always remember him for that (and many other things!) I hope his plant continues to grow with you.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Cactimania
BCSS Member

Post by Cactimania »

edds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:49 pm Sorry to hear that but at least he has sparked that passion in you. I always give my grandfather the credit for my love of gardening and will always remember him for that (and many other things!) I hope his plant continues to grow with you.
Oh definitely. He was a keen gardener in general, not just cactus and succulents, so like you with your grandfather that passion for me was always there. I’ll be repotting the one I saved from his collection soon, would actually be nice to get a possible ID for it, I know it’s a Lobivia/Echinopsis but no idea what species.