Agave Montana Blue Ocean

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Agave Montana Blue Ocean

Post by Tina »

It couldn't live in the garden for winter but huachensis excelsior is gorgeous.
An old photo it has more leaves now but doesn't seem to grow that big & is quite slow
huachensis excelsior 2.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Tina wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:06 pm
Ovatifolia
nice looking but gets very large, how much space do you have :lol: .
So I am always told but it seems to take it's time doing it! I have A.ovatifolia that was called El Oso by Kohres that I sowed in 2012 and it's still a pretty small plant. I've just planted it outside so will see if that makes a difference. I've also just planted the two montana outside that Tina grew from seed collected by Paul. I haven't got the exact date to hand but they cant be much older than the ovatifolia and are about 5x the size. I've got really a lot of space so I hope some of them will grow to a decent size.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
WayneM
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by WayneM »

Any pictures Patrick ?

Never tire of a picture of a Agave, especially Ovatifolia and Parryi .I know there are more exciting cultivars out there but these me are stand out Agaves for our climate.

My Ovatifolia was a scraggly, dehydrated specimen when I got it, but although still juvenile its starting to put growth on. This year should really see it transform itself.

I have two Montana's, one sits in semi shade, the other south facing and is all the better for it, as the growth rate has me now got me contemplating moving it.

IMG_20200216_173149_155.jpg
Wayne
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

WayneM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:23 pm Any pictures Patrick ?

Wayne my plants are at home in Portugal and I am currently in England so cant take photos right now! I've planted both the Ovatifolia and Montana on the north side of the hill so they are not in full sun. Full sun in my conditions is very FULL at times!
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.