Neoporteria floccosa

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Neoporteria floccosa

Post by Phil Hocking »

The best of all worlds - flowers, wool and spines. My first Neoporteria floccosa gave up the ghost over the winter despite being bone dry indoors. Luckily I was able to find another one and this one is doing fine. I think it is probably from the same batch of seed because I'm pretty sure I got both from David Neville. The lack of sun is not helping the flowers to open any wider.
Neoporteria floccosa
Neoporteria floccosa
Neoporteria floccosa
Neoporteria floccosa
Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Ell -Lithops
Registered Guest
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Neoporteria floccosa

Post by Ell -Lithops »

Lovely vivid coloured flowers, definatley going to get one of these :)
:cac2: :cac2: :cac2: Obsessed :cac2: :cac2: :cac2: :cac2:
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Neoporteria floccosa

Post by Phil Hocking »

We had a bit of sun yesterday and they opened quite nicely. I have tickled them and I already have a couple of seedlings growing anyway, from seed rescued from the one that died. Fingers crossed for more seeds and one to pass on.
Neoporteria floccosa
Neoporteria floccosa
Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.