Hello.

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Jay86
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello.

Post by Jay86 »

Hi new here, thou I've been mooching around for a while, I have a few cacti that where until 2 years ago kept year round in a unheated green house until I moved, and since have lived in a unheated conservatory. I also have a few jades and xmas cacti.These are my jades: Image
The second jade was damaged by the frost last winter, they stay in the conservatory over winter and when its real cold I tend to cover them with news paper, but am hoping to have a tube heater to place near them this winter. the three small ones where in one pot and where divided a few weeks before this photo.
A pic with my dog Tilly, she's about 14" at the shoulders for comparison.

Thanks for looking and I hope to get more pics up soon of my cacti.

I live in Warrington and am hoping to Join the Manchester branch soon, Thanks J
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello.

Post by Aiko »

They have survived frost? And even for an entire winter? As soon as one night of one degree of frost hits my Crassula, they perish. Happened last winter when I was late one day of bringing my plants into the greenhouse...
Jay86

Re: Hello.

Post by Jay86 »

They come into the conservatory for the winter, but last winter the temps must have got too low as I lost half of the top growth on one. About 4 years ago I lost a real big on by forgetting bring it in early enough. Here is a pic of most of my collection Image