Sale of Jack Voase Collection

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Ross M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Sale of Jack Voase Collection

Post by Ross M »

Regrettably it's too far for me to travel to the auction. There are a couple of smaller plants that I'm interested in and I was wondering if anyone that is planning to attend would be prepared to bid on my behalf (assuming they're not after the same plants!!!)

Thanks
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Hi Ross. I will do that for you if you PM me with the details.
Ross M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ross M »

Much appreciated Ernie (tu) I'll send you a PM this evening.

Thanks
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Paid my last visit to the nursery prior to the auction. Photos sent to those that requested them by PM.

Sorry I wont be taking any more; hope the little service I provided has provoked some people to attend and grab bargains(hopefully they wont all cost a fortune) I dont collect cati just cabbages of which there are very few and yes I will be bidding on them.

If anyone wants to meet up on Sunday at the auction look for a 6' 3" tall bloke wearing a silly aussie bushmans hat fitted with a silver kangaroo badge.
Graham Walker
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Shows Secretary

Post by Graham Walker »

Just a reminder to everyone.
Today (Saturday 27th Aug) is viewing day for the auction of Jack's plants

TOMORROW is the auction day
Sunday 28th August

See you there
Graham
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Very sorry I cannot make the auction :sad: Family issues arose this evening which make it impossible. I am very disappointed because I was really wanting a couple of the succulents. :sad: I am embarrased at letting Ross down. :oops:
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Well I got up this morning and we managed to arrange things so I could get to the auction.

I enjoyed the experience and managed to get most of the succulents on offer. I also got to meet the lovely Tina who held off bidding on a caudiciform she knew I particularly wanted :grin:
Met a lot of nice people and a very small number of those who I would be happy never to meet again.

One individual seemed intent on buying upmost of collection and is apparently so rich money was no object, it did not take people long to realise that when his hand went up it stayed up until he got the plant no matter the cost and some were very expensive.

A kind word of two to the organisers( I am not prone to praise one individual :wink: but fairs fair)- it was a very well organised event all done and dusted by 3.30pm with all lots sold. The auctioneer was excellent and got on the with the job without any delays. Well done to all involved! :grin: :smile:
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Some photos of the day
DSCN4813.JPG
DSCN4812.JPG
DSCN4809.JPG
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

I guess those that will get money wouldn't mind few more guys with hand in the air all the time :) And that was main goal of auction. I admit, if I was there, I would certainly hate that guy at the same time :)

Btw, lovely Tina is none of the guys on pics? :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

That's a relief, Ernie. I wrestled with the idea of making a very long (and expensive) trip to the North-East from Shropshire, but decided in the end to forgo the opportunity. Thank goodness, because if Mr Loadsamoney was buying everything of note it would have been a costly disappointment. Instead, Mrs T and I had a very pleasant day walking up Wenlock Edge followed by a tour around the nearby Skipton Hall. Wonderful!