Haworthia help

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Haworthia help

Post by Bill »

Lindsey wrote:Thanks Bill, that's reassuring! Much appreciated. I had been wondering about starting a thread about "summer rest" for Haworthias, so I've been watching this one.
Not tried a propagator for rerooting, though! Would this be an unheated one (except when bottom heat needed trying to salvage a rootless plant in the depths of winter maybe?) with plastic cover with top air-vents open?
Watering could be tricky, if the plant is in an enclosed space wouldn't it be more likely to rot?
No problem Lindsey.

Nope my propagator runs at around 80f/27c with bottom heat, it is also lit 18hrs a day. Rootless plants aren't watered until roots start to form and them only lightly so they dry out in hours. Effectively my tlc propagator is run so it's arid, unlike the seed one that is quite damp.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.