Plant Auctions.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Agavegeoff
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Plant Auctions.

Post by Agavegeoff »

Hi, All.

I hear there are a few plant auctions coming up soon, can anyone put a list of them together in one thread. Thanks.
Cheers Agavegeoff.

Long time Gloucester and District Branch member. NCCPG Agave collection holder.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Plant Auctions.

Post by Phil_SK »

The only that's been posted on here is this one: http://www.bcss.org.uk/forum/read.php?1,46261
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

Hi Geoff,

The Oxford branch are holding one on 29th April (see Events page), would of attended but I'll be in Belgium.

We're also holding one at the Birmingham Branch on the evening of April 19th - Plant sales/auction.
David_K
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Secretary

Post by David_K »

Hi Geoff,
See the posting on page 2 of message list re leicester Branch auction of keith wood-Allums's plants on april 1st.
David Kirkbright
Society Treasurer & Trustee,
Northants and MK Branch
Long time grower (not always well) of almost anything.
Visitors welcome but check first.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

This is from the events page:

April:
1st) Leicester Branch Auction and Sale: 24 Taverner Drive, Ratby, Leicester, LE6 0HQ. Viewing from 09:00. Auction 10:30. Details from Branch Secretary or Tony Morris 01455 614410.
See:

29th) Oxford Branch Auction and Plant Sale: Freeland Village Hall, Freeland, Near Witney. 12:00.

July:
11th) Bradford Branch Auction: Room 2, Shipley Library, 2 Wellcroft, Shipley, BD18 3QH. 19:15-21:45.
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Tina
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

and another.

Post by Tina »

The collection of the late Edith Lawrie will be sold in two sales. The first will be on Sunday May 6th and the second on Sunday May 20th. Both will commence at 10am and will be held at her home address: 82 Craigleith Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2DU.

The collection which fills a 30ft x 14ft greenhouse is the combination of Edith?s collection and that of her husband Ian who died in 2002. It is a fairly mixed collection including caudiciforms, Dudleyas and many other genera.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Martin
BCSS Member
Branch: OXFORD
Role within the BCSS: Vice-Chairman

Post by Martin »

The addition to the Oxford web page for our auction at the end of April is now up

See

We are very pleased to announce that a number of the auction lots are plants from Graham Charles personal collection, Graham has deided he needs some space and so is offereing these plants for auction.

The initial listing of around 55 lots is now availalable and will be updated over the next few weeks as more lots are added, we expect around 80 - 100 lots will be the final listing.

We will post more pictures of selected lots over the next few weeks, please keep an eye on our web page for the updates.
Martin
Northern Hampshire
Secretary Oxford Branch
'Thelocactus' National Plant Collection
Tina
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Martin

Perhaps I missed it but what does the A,B,C*,C etc mean or is it the plant supplier ?.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Martin
BCSS Member
Branch: OXFORD
Role within the BCSS: Vice-Chairman

Post by Martin »

Its just our code for who supplied the plants !
Martin
Northern Hampshire
Secretary Oxford Branch
'Thelocactus' National Plant Collection