You know she loves you................

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Julie
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: You know she loves you................

Post by Julie »

Ahhh, it becomes clear, Tom. Mesembs are too precious for little ones to practise their gardening skills.

"gave as a present" is a great idea! :)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Tom J
Registered Guest

Post by Tom J »

Indeed: Maarten unattended in my greenhouse would mean the end of 1000s of little conos.
But he would probably start taking out all the labels.

The "gave as a present" is actually when I came home from the netherlands with 50 plants 4 years ago and the ornithogalum was in flower and looked the least succulent.
Now the trick is to get it in the greenhouse along with the others...B)

Tom
Growing Mesembs, a way of life...
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

My niece likes to deadhead and weed just like Grandma. Only she doesn't know the difference between dead flowers and live ones. Or between weeds and desirable plants!
Cheshire, UK
Tom J
Registered Guest

Post by Tom J »

That's the next stage, Ian.
That's when they're at least 3 years old.
Last summer Hanne (4) joined me in the greenhouse to see the flowers. While I was occupied, she decided to clean some of the "dead twigs".
So all of a sudden one of my trichodiadema bulbosum was chopped up to a couple of cm above soil level...
Fortunately the plant didn't mind, and she now knows absolutely noone is allowed to touch the plants in the greenhouse except me, not even my girlfriend has her permission.

Tom
Growing Mesembs, a way of life...
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

there's a photo my mum took of me aged about 3 or 4 maybe 'planting' an Amaryllis bulb in the garden. It was never seen again, despite several excavations....
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Hob
Registered Guest
Branch: SOUTH NORFOLK

Post by Hob »

speaking of potting in the house........ did this lot in the kitchen this morning..........my first ever successful batch of seedlings :D
Faucaria tigrina
[attachment 2541 tigers.jpg]
Attachments
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE (98.97 KiB) Viewed 851 times
hob BCSS 49009 member of the south Norfolk branch
suffolk england