North West Cactus Mart 2024 (Saturday 4th May)

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
RayW
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: North West Cactus next2024 (Saturday 4th May)

Post by RayW »

Mat; I can only tell you those I can remember and be certain of .
As you entered the hall (From the cafe end ) half way down the right hand side was Craig barber ( Williams Cacti ) wearing a blue Williams cacti sweat shirt, next after the side door was Elizabeth Maddocks then in the corner still on that side was Croston Cacti ( John Henshaw ) Then across the back of the hall was the Manchester Branch sales tables with John Foley ,myself and my wife Joan and next in the corner was Martin Lowry next to him down the other side was Carlos from Woodside cacti and finally on that side was Ralph from the Cactusshop .
In the middle of the room were many many tables of which only Ralph Martins table with Rebutia and Aylostera sticks in the mind .
Sorry but thats all I can remember we were so busy I never got chance to walk round myself.
Ray Woodbridge

Cacti only collection mainly grown from seed.
BCSS member 50155
MatDz
BCSS Member

Re: North West Cactus Mart 2024 (Saturday 4th May)

Post by MatDz »

Thank you, that's already quite useful! I can add The Majestic Roots I think just before Williams Cacti on the right side of the hall and opposite them Ian Armstrong.

I am wondering who the two gentlemen were with a stall with many bagged segments of Maihueniopsis and similar genera, as I got some.
Mat
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Royston Hughes had the Maihueniopsis. The stall with Martin Lowry on was filled with plants from Maurice Williams' collection.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Phil_SK wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:34 am Royston Hughes had the Maihueniopsis. The stall with Martin Lowry on was filled with plants from Maurice Williams' collection.
Indeed it was him, confirmed thanks to photographs in another thread on the forum.
Mat