Gymnocalycium ID?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Skribbane
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Gymnocalycium ID?

Post by Skribbane »

Hi folks,

Here I am again with another mystery gymno, again a garden centre purchase. It's a small plant, not much more than about an inch and a half across, and the flower is comparatively huge! Would be wonderful if anyone could identify it. My uneducated guess is a perhaps a light flowered var of G. bruchii?

Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_20210627_162541.jpg
IMG_20210627_162523.jpg
Vice-chair Sheffield branch & Internet Committee member. @xericdelights on Instagram. 700 plants later and I still haven't picked a favourite genus!
David Neville
BCSS Zone Rep
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Re: Gymnocalycium ID?

Post by David Neville »

Could it be Gymnocalycium calochlorum?
David Neville
Secretary of Southampton & District Branch. BCSS member since 1977.
Skribbane
Registered Guest
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: Gymnocalycium ID?

Post by Skribbane »

Thank you! That looks like a definite contender. Whatever it is, it's quite determined because that bloom has lasted several weeks now!
Vice-chair Sheffield branch & Internet Committee member. @xericdelights on Instagram. 700 plants later and I still haven't picked a favourite genus!