Hello

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
DragonFish66
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BERKHAMSTED & District

Hello

Post by DragonFish66 »

Have been thinking of joining for the past year or so never got round to it till now
Hello all i have only three window sills that is good enough to grow cacti but already nearly full think i have off the top of my head about 40 ish of different varietys the main ones been Euphorbia,Gymnocalycium and Echinospis with a few others thrown into the mix half of these have no names to them so i will be posting pics over the next few weeks and see if anyone can put a names to them
the ones that need the names to are mainly when i first started which came from stores and garden centers,
Since looking on the net theres alot more choice ive bought more recently on ebay most ive bought off seem to be members on here
i think its now time to have ago at growing from seed i have tryed in the past a couple of years ago to grow a mixed seed pack which i have kept about ten of the best ones two years on and they have only got to about 1cm with one out growing the rest at 2cm not sure if this is slow or not as ive seen a few sellers on ebay getting a fair size at 2-4 years old might be doing something wrong but will have to see
Maybe not the best time to post the early hours of the morning
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello

Post by Mal L »

Welcome to the Forum. I am sure that you will receive lots of wise advice on here. Congratulations on your first stab at seed sowing. I would not worry too much about the size of your seedlings yet, as long as they look healthy. If they are still in the same pot they were sown in, then they could be lacking some nutrition after two years - maybe a bit of weak feeding could help.
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
sue46
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by sue46 »

Hello DragonFish and welcome to the Forum. You will find lots of handy information on here and not just about cacti and succulents. Look forward to see your photos.
Peter
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Peter »

Nice to meet you! (tu)
DragonFish66
BCSS Member

Post by DragonFish66 »

Cheers All have just took a quick pics of one of the window sills as you can see quiet full
DSCF1576.JPG
DSCF1576.JPG
DragonFish66
BCSS Member

Post by DragonFish66 »

DSCF1576.JPG
DSCF1574.JPG
I think the pics have worked this time
matchat
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by matchat »

Welcome to the forum Dragonfish!

You have a nice varied collection there. All in good health too. I like your Echinocereus viereckii ssp. morricalii in the 1st picture. I have one and it puts on a fantastic flower display each year :).
DragonFish66
BCSS Member

Post by DragonFish66 »

Cheers mat if you mean the one in the middle it was bought as Echinocereus scheeri by a member off here on ebay the other one on the right hand side was one of the first i bought out of a garden centre which isnt named will put a pic of it in a few days its never flowered but is my biggest when i bought it about four years ago it was only 2'' now it stands at just over 18'' dont know if its big enough to flower yet?