Gerardo

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Gerardo

Post by Chris43 »

Hi,
I've been waiting for seed which I ordered and paid for in December 2019. I have left messages on their website with no response. I don't have a current email for Jarda Snicer, but if anyone can help me with this then please do so via pm, not publically here!!
If I don't get a response soon, I'll have to ask Paypal to get involved.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Gerardo

Post by Aiko »

You might be interested to read a discussion on this on the Cactiguide forum (should be public): https://cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic. ... it=gerardo

Especially the last few posts. So things might turn up after all. Although I can imagine you might start to run out of time for sowing...
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

December? Try September...

I finally got a reply a couple of weeks ago. Apparently a new woman has taken over the web shop. Not that there seems to be much improvement yet. This is the last time I'll be ordering from them.
makleodss
Registered Guest
Branch: BRIDLINGTON

Post by makleodss »

I been waiting my order from them for about 8 weeks. Honesty I already consider to spend that money elsewhere,
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

When ordering from the Czech guys I always allow 2 to 3 months, I think they swap seed around between themselves to make up the orders, and that is why most of their seed lists are very similar.
The last time I ordered from Gerardo was last summer and the plants came very quickly, good plants at very good prices.
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

Thanks all for your comments.

I do know to expect slow service from these Czech suppliers, which is why I was not too worried until we got to April. However, still nothing yet from Gerardo, and I now find that I am unable to log into their website. Fortunately I have kept my order emails, their order acknowledgement and taken screenshots of the activity (or lack of) regarding my order on their website. I have escalated the matter to Paypal now in order to get my money back. I'll keep posting about progress.

So I ask once more if has anyone Jarda Snicer's private email address, so I can contact him directly and find out what is going on. Please respond by PM, not posting here in the main thread.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

Chris43 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 am Thanks all for your comments.

I do know to expect slow service from these Czech suppliers, which is why I was not too worried until we got to April. However, still nothing yet from Gerardo, and I now find that I am unable to log into their website. Fortunately I have kept my order emails, their order acknowledgement and taken screenshots of the activity (or lack of) regarding my order on their website. I have escalated the matter to Paypal now in order to get my money back. I'll keep posting about progress.

So I ask once more if has anyone Jarda Snicer's private email address, so I can contact him directly and find out what is going on. Please respond by PM, not posting here in the main thread.
PM sent.