Im new ..

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Ell -Lithops
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Im new ..

Post by Ell -Lithops »

Hello everyone

I just joined the forum, I am not currently a member of bcss, but i so badly want to be.

Around 2006/2007 I had a colection of over 300cacti and succulents, due to irrelevant issues i was unable to keep them.

Everything is suitable now and i wish to start collecting them again as I love it, we are currently trying to sell the house therefore im debating if i should wait until a new house is sorted. Any ideas?
Again with joining the bcss do i wait as the address would change :/

thanks

Ell
:cac2: :cac2: :cac2: Obsessed :cac2: :cac2: :cac2: :cac2:
Morgans Beauty
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Im new ..

Post by Morgans Beauty »

welcome aboard Ell! (tu)
regards michael
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Ell -Lithops wrote: im debating if i should wait until a new house is sorted. Any ideas?

Ell
Welcome to the forum.

After my experience moving house last year, I don't think you should restart your collection until you have moved. Cacti and succulents inevitably suffer in a house move and there isn't always anywhere decent to put them until the house is straight. I had several specimens damaged during my move.

There is no reason not to join the BCSS though as you can notify a change of address once you move.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Ell -Lithops
Registered Guest

Post by Ell -Lithops »

rodsmith wrote:
Ell -Lithops wrote: im debating if i should wait until a new house is sorted. Any ideas?

Ell
Welcome to the forum.

After my experience moving house last year, I don't think you should restart your collection until you have moved. Cacti and succulents inevitably suffer in a house move and there isn't always anywhere decent to put them until the house is straight. I had several specimens damaged during my move.

There is no reason not to join the BCSS though as you can notify a change of address once you move.
oh thank you, thats good to know. I wasnt sure if i could notify on a change of address as i wouldnt want to miss the journal :wink:
I bought a greenhouse for myself where we are now but I have a feeling it will be staying here and ill be purchasing another when a house is sorted. Did you move a greenhouse?
Ell -Lithops
Registered Guest

Post by Ell -Lithops »

Morgans Beauty wrote:welcome aboard Ell! (tu)
Thank you !! :)
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Ell -Lithops wrote: Did you move a greenhouse?
No, my collection was housed in a conservatory prior to the move. After the move (in late July) the larger specimens were left in the open and the small ones were in one of these small plastic sided "greenhouses" that you can buy for next to nothing. The problem with them is that ventilation is either all or nothing. I got my greenhouse erected by late September and the plants didn't suffer too much. However, given the choice I would start a collection after moving, especially if the move is fairly imminent. I moved about 30 plants & I now have about 120 plus loads of seedlings from this year's seeds.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Ell -Lithops
Registered Guest

Post by Ell -Lithops »

rodsmith wrote:
Ell -Lithops wrote: Did you move a greenhouse?
No, my collection was housed in a conservatory prior to the move. After the move (in late July) the larger specimens were left in the open and the small ones were in one of these small plastic sided "greenhouses" that you can buy for next to nothing. The problem with them is that ventilation is either all or nothing. I got my greenhouse erected by late September and the plants didn't suffer too much. However, given the choice I would start a collection after moving, especially if the move is fairly imminent. I moved about 30 plants & I now have about 120 plus loads of seedlings from this year's seeds.

ooh ok, thank you for giving me some ideas what to do :) theres a show in august 24 near me so hopefully will be -popping down to have a look around :)